The Maynard Community Chest allocates funds to local non-profit human service organizations on a once-a-year basis and does not fund one-time requests. If you have a particular funding need and don’t know where to go, e-mail us and we will be glad to help you get the information you need or at least put you in touch with someone who can help you directly.
Non-profit organizations eligible for funding from the Maynard Community Chest must:
- Align with our mission, “The all-volunteer Maynard Community Chest, Inc., strengthens our community by supporting local nonprofit organizations that provide essential human services to people who live or work in Maynard, Massachusetts”.
- Be a 501 c 3 non-profit organization.
- Have a stated policy of non-discrimination in regard to all persons, irrespective of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual preference, age, disability or veterans’ status, and compliance with all requirements of law and regulations with respect to the provision of services.
Key Upcoming Dates for Prospective Grantees
To become a supported organization of the Maynard Community Chest, please submit a formal request, including proof of eligibility requirements, by November 30th before the funding cycle begins in January.
Funding Applications are sent out in February and must be completed by April 7th. One representative of each supported organization may be required to attend our Annual Meeting in March of the year after the organization has received funding.
The Allocation Committee reviews Funding Applications in April and May and checks are mailed out in June. Please note that in our evaluation, we prioritize the following criteria:
- Demonstrable knowledge of how your organization impacts the Maynard community
- Clearly articulated plans for how our funds will be used
- Impact of Maynard Community Chest funds on your organization
- Effort to evaluate your organization’s programs and services
- Collaboration with the Maynard Community Chest throughout the year
» 2017 Funding Application – If your organization is seeking funding from the Maynard Community Chest for the first time, please submit a funding application. Applications are to be postmarked by April 7, 2017.
Selected organizations with prior applicant history must complete a Funding Report in order to be reviewed for funding for 2017. Email reports are due by April 7, 2017.